Mizbooks at tbrchallenge.blogspot.com is hosting the 2008 TBR Challenge. You can’t officially sign up until December 15, 2007, but I’m getting ready!
The whole point of this challenge is to choose books you’ve been wanting to read and/or books you’ve had on your list or shelf for too many months. I have a lot to choose from!
I’ve read about lots of great books on the many book blogs I’ve visited recently; so many that I have a rather lengthy list of books I want to read, and a lot sitting on the table waiting their turn. I NEED this challenge to force me to shop less and read more! Now I have to figure out how to narrow it down to just 12 books.
The rules say you can make a list of 12, then an alternate, or “extra credit” list of additional books. If I understand this correctly, I can replace a book on my original list with a book from my alternate list, should I decide I’m no longer interested in reading one of the books on my original list.
So, with that in mind.. here’s my list:
1. The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander
2. Finding Noel by Richard Paul Evans
3. Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl
4. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
5. Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
6. Summer People by Brian Groh
7. Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
8. Flying Changes by Sara Gruen
9. A Line Between Friends by Michelle Van Ort Cozzens
10. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
11. The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
12. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
I’m still working on my alternate list.. I’ll be sure to update this post with that soon.
The books do not need to be read in any particular order, which is good because that will allow me to pick whatever I feel like on any given month.
I hope it’s not cheating to include my next two book club picks in my list of 12! Just trying to multi-task🙂
I’ve never done a challenge before. I hope it doesn’t seem too much like homework or assigned reading! I’ll keep track of how I’m doing HERE.
Won’t you read along with me?? Join the challenge!