Jolene over at Middling Monettes did this Christmas survey that I thought was fun so I’ll do the same. Play along on your own blog, if you like, and leave a link here.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, for under the tree. Bags for gifts to teachers, scout leaders, etc.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Real. I love the smell.
3. When do you put up the tree?
2nd weekend in December.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Early January (3rd or 4th)
5. Do you like egg nog?
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I’m not sure. Nothing really stands out.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Grandpa Jack. He doesn’t need or want anything!!
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My kids. They want everything and they make detailed lists.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Mail. Guess I better get going on that.
11 .Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
There are so many!! I can’t possibly choose just one. Last year I got slippers that were 3 sizes too small because “that was the only size they had”. And then there was the “Lady Footlocker Christmas”… 3 pairs of shoes, a hat (why???), lip balm, sweat socks. This might make sense if I was an outdoor runner (I’m not). My husband is not very good at gift-giving. He shops on Christmas Eve, and likes to get everything done in one store, but he doesn’t much care which store that is. Why couldn’t it be a bookstore, or a jewelry store??
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
The Family Man with Nicholas Cage. I love it and watch it every year.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
November. I always vow to start earlier the next year and never do.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I have not.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Honey Baked Ham on Christmas Eve. Christmas cookies. Almond Rocha.
16. Clear or colored Christmas lights?
Clear outside, colored on the tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley. There’s also a Karen Carpenter song I love (can’t think of the name). She has such a beautiful voice.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel right now, but I am looking for a star. All the stars I have seen look too cheesy.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We open one gift on Christmas Eve, and it’s always the same.. new jammies. We put them on and take a picture in front of the tree.
22 . Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Too much to do, not enough time.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I have a bunch of Santa ornaments.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Roast beef. scalloped potatoes, glazed carrots, crescent rolls.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A new camera, books (I have a long list), Peace on Earth