I’ve been tagged for a fun meme by Chartroose,
I can justify playing with James Lipton’s questionnaire because he has written a memoir which was published several months ago, so this is kinda sorta book related. Since the Academy Awards are coming up, I thought it would be fun to try this. Lipton is so filled with affectation that I always cringe when he mentions the “great Bernard Pivot” before doing the questionnaire. Who is Bernard Pivot anyway? I know he hosted some French talk shows, but what’s so great about that? Is it really that difficult? If Maury Povich can do it, anyone can. Here’s a picture of Bernard Pivot:
He looks like a nice grandfatherly type of guy. Maybe Lipton is right and Bernard Pivot really is “great.”
Here is the questionnaire along with my answers:
1. What is your favorite word? Luscious, symmetry, alliteration. I like the sound of them and I’m always looking for clever ways to use them in everyday conversation. (I don’t really have a favorite word but I do like those). If by favorite word they mean one I use too frequently, this week’s word would be “random”.
2. What is your least favorite word? vomit
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Photography and scrapbooking, things I don’t do nearly enough anymore.
4. What turns you off? Mean people. Inflexible people with a superiority complex.
5. What is your favorite curse word? I like Barnacles! and Tartar sauce! I guess I watch too much Spongebob.
6. What sound or noise do you love? Whispering and giggling, waves crashing on the beach, rain on the roof, crickets chirping on a summer night.
7. What sound or noise do you hate? My kids fighting with each other, loud snoring at 3am when I’m trying to sleep.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Professional photographer, editor, writer.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Public speaking of any kind.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You’re only human, you did the best you could. Don’t be afraid, you’ve come to the right place!
This is fun! Try it and you’ll see. I’m tagging anyone who wants to play.