I picked up a few tips from the comments in Read Me and wanted to pass them along!
1. Be longwinded. Lots of readers will skip right over your posts if they are extra long.
2. Write lengthy paragraphs. Breaking up your writing into smaller chunks makes it much too easy for the reader.
3. Do not use humor. Blogging should be serious.
4. Don’t bother with links, photos or art. Visually interesting posts attract readers.
5. Fill your posts with spelling and grammatical errors. This shows you don’t care enough about your readers to proofread or use spellcheck.
6. Post infrequently. Once or twice a month is good.
7. Post excessively. Overwhelm readers with 50+ posts a month and they will “mark all as unread”.
Do you have some more tips? Leave me a comment!