Bookbabie tagged me for an interesting meme that is not as easy as it sounds. I had to give it quite a bit of thought. She writes:
As I read yet another book review of a memoir this weekend, my husband told me that I should write one. I said that my story would be much too short and rather boring so when I ran across the following book I decided it was just my speed. A six word memoir! Written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was Expecting: Six Word Memoirs by Famous and Obscure is a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were- For Sale: baby shoes, never worn. There’s a video on Amazon with examples from the book, it sounds like a fun read! I’d like to start a six word memoir meme and here are the rules:
1. Write your own six word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4 .Tag five more blogs with links
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play
Ok, I toyed with several possible answers to this. Some of the rejects are:
1. Busy mom barely holding things together.
2. Four decades went by too quickly.
3. Where the hell are my keys?
4. Stop crying and do your homework!
5. My brain functioned better before kids.
6. You want me to do WHAT?
After much thought, I landed on the following (drumroll, please):
Searching for happiness in ordinary moments.
That about sums up my life, at least the last 10 years of it as a stay at home parent.
I would also be interested in knowing YOUR 6 Word Memoir, so consider yourself tagged!